Server Engineer (R7499)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Systems Engineer skilled in Vmware / Hyper-V to support our core data centers and expand services nationally and globally. This position is located in North Mankato, MN.
Exposed to a wide variety of cool technology, you will be part of our collaborative server operations team responsible for maintaining the data center environments and ensuring all customer server environments (both physical and virtual) are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, customer support, and scheduled maintenance. If you enjoy troubleshooting and resolving different technical issues while gaining in-depth experience, then come join our team!
- Builds, upgrades, configures, provisions and installs servers from scratch spanning different platforms and configurations.
- Performs basic monitoring, troubleshooting and repair of all aspects of servers, operating systems and hardware.
- Responds to customer impacting events. Diagnose, resolve and communicate problems.
- Performs routine maintenance activities on customer server environments. Upgrades and downgrades servers. Removes hardware from server environments.
- Manages system patching and upgrade process. Maintain server information and audit for to ensure all systems are compliant.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field), or a combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years with rack mount server and blade system deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting experience.
- 3+ years storage systems experience, deployment, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting. (Dell Compellent preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience with deploying virtualized infrastructures (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V). Experience with ESX VMware server technologies and relevant training or certifications.
- Deep and broad experience with Microsoft server technologies (including clustering) Experience performing second-level and third-level Windows server operations support at mid to large-scale enterprise
- Pre-implementation project planning and post implementation documentation skills.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor issues inside the Data Center.
- Understanding of, and experience with, disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Basic understanding of network protocols, principles and concepts including the ability to troubleshoot local connectivity issues.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with Linux operating system environments.
- Experience with service management framework such as ITIL and operating within a change approval procedure.
- Experience creating and implementing a systems administration and improvement program to maximize uptime and service delivery in accordance with business needs and priorities.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.