Production Supervisor (R6866)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their fast paced production environment that is constantly working towards bettering our current processes and implementing new and exciting equipment and technologies to stay current with trends and new customer opportunities. This position is responsible for supervising a team of individuals performing related functions to the operation of digital printing presses, production equipment and/or supporting production processes.
- Monday – Friday, 2:45pm – 11:15pm
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in their department activities
- Plans, prepares and devises work schedules according to budgets and workloads
- Issues instructions and assigns duties to employees
- Observes and evaluates employee performance and proposes raises
- Interviews and assists with hiring process
- Provides proper documentation and feedback around performance for any disciplinary needs
- Communicates and works as a team with other departments, peers, and management to resolve problems, complaints, and expedite work
- Helps employees in resolving problems and completing tasks, including press related problems, making sure proper individuals are contacted to correct the problem
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency
- Conducts bi-weekly meeting with employees to provide performance updates
- Develops, mentors, and trains employees to assist in meeting both organizational and individual objectives
- Fosters positive employee relations
- Provides a safe work environment
- Promotes advancement of employees
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of company policies
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma of GED equivalent
- 1+ years’ of related management experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Business knowledge and ability to see effects of decisions on company
- Contributes to the atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation to maintain an effective working environment as well as ensure continuity of service to customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and evaluate P&L, financials ROI, Labor Costs, Materials Costs and Waste
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We Would Also Prefer
- Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s Degree
- Digital Printing and Manufacturing experience
- Experience in managing multi-shift production schedules
- Continuous Improvement/ lean Manufacturing experience.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.