Direct Mail Data Specialist (R6602)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch of Taylor Corp, is looking for a new Direct Mail Data Specialist to join the team! You will be welcomed into a growing company with great opportunity for professional growth. In this role, you will be working with our BCC software system to pre-sort mail and prepare it for the U.S. Postal Service.
- Manage customer data for mailing purposes using our BCC software system.
- Implements the technical mailing functions required for defined customer applications, based on the mailing job specifications or Standard Work document.
- Reviews and manipulates client data files and information flows of customer / list data for integration to digital print job.
- Processes daily or weekly project work as defined in the Standard Work document.
- Assists with controls and documents the activities related to data planning and development.
- Modifies, converts, and merges documents; organizes and maintains databases; and sort, analyze, and process all incoming / outgoing records, lists and/or addresses.
- Follows standard work processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Monday through Friday 9 AM - 5:30 PM.
You Must Have:
- The minimum education required for this position is a High School diploma or a combination of education related/relevant professional work experience.
- Requires intermediate computer knowledge and skills, especially Dbase, Excel and postal software programs, such as Satori or BCC.
- Fluent understanding of Microsoft desktop applications.
- Understanding of data table structure, issues, design, and file management capabilities.
- Maintain attention to detail in a high paced, timeline driven, multi-task environment.
- Working knowledge of USPS requirements; possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of USPS mailing and USPS shipping.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience with variable data programming and/or data base management experience.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and effectively interact with internal customers.
About Curtis 1000
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers. We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.