Solutions Leader - Yearbook Division (R7473)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Walter’s Publishing (A Taylor Company) is looking to hire a Solutions Leader-Yearbook Division, responsible for the overall leadership of the Yearbook business. The Solutions Leader will provide strategic leadership and oversight for the Yearbook business ensuring the business meets or exceeds its goals. The position is also responsible for the management of contractual obligations and maintaining a close partnership with sales executives in order to drive future growth.
To be successful in this role, you should have excellent leadership and decision-making skills. You should be innovative and entrepreneurial and have excellent financial and operational working knowledge.
- Provide strategic planning and vision that guides profitable growth for the Yearbook division
- Plan and direct all aspects of the business, according to the mission of the organization
- Identify new opportunities for revenue and profit growth
- Ensures the business meets budgeted financial goals and objectives
- Pride in going above and beyond for our customers every day
- Drive improvements in customer loyalty and customer satisfaction
- Assist in selling opportunities with direct reps and business partners
- Maintain relationships at strategic levels with independent business partners and schools
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape and note opportunities for expansion: customers, markets, new industry developments, investment, partnerships, alliances and mergers.
- Makes continuous improvement decisions regarding improving productivity, quality and efficiency of the business
- Promote the brands value proposition and strategy
You Must Have:
- BA/BS in business or other relevant major
- Minimum of 10 years of yearbook industry experience, including Sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years leading teams
We Would Also Prefer:
- Collaborative mindset focused on “we”
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and complex problems that need solving
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to respond quickly to changing needs and priorities in our core market
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals
- Attention to detail and ability to translate customer and departmental needs into actionable deliverables
- Excellent presentation skills, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership and delegation skills, achievement oriented
- Travel may be required
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.