Software Quality Assurance Analyst (R6856)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst for our critical communications programming team in our Fort Worth, TX facility. This role is essential for reviewing and validating the document output from our secure communication management systems to meet the client requirements. This is a key role responsible for ensuring the quality of programming deliverables by reviewing, validating and confirming artifacts against data and requirements.
The successful candidate will have a combined 6+ year experience in software testing and/or development or business analysis or equivalent. At least 3 years focused on document quality assurance or document quality control. Experience and familiarity with document quality analysis of mortgage statement and letters, electronic delivery of services and print & mail production, are big pluses.
- Translate business requirements and technical specifications into test plans
- Collaborate with others to clarify requirements and specifications and how those translate to test plans and test cases
- Test application functionality output (Statements, letters, document) to specifications and provide feedback to software developers, managers and product managers
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Clearly communicate status and open issues to QA team and manager
- Estimate effort required to perform all QA activities assigned
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Participate and lead defect meetings, test planning meetings, and other QA initiated meetings
- Mine for data, backend validation, and perform data quality analysis.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members/teams
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Create, execute, and evaluate manual or automated test cases reporting results
- Troubleshoots and resolves or recommends solutions to a diverse range of complex software testing problems. Uses judgment within defined policies and practices (includes software and technical documentation solutions).
- Coordinate and communicate with resources to complete assigned projects
- Document status and final reports for QA activities
- Work effectively within a team environment to implement projects in a timely manner
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or related field plus 3+ years’ relevant experience in the field of Quality Assurance
- OR 6+ years’ experience in software testing and/or development or business analysis or equivalent.
- Experience with QA tools
- Proficiency in requirements and data analysis and reviews
- Expert in writing test scenarios and test cases
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Customer service orientation with strong interpersonal skills including influencing and collaboration skills
- Adaptability and flexibility, high attention to detail, quick learner
- Knowledge of SDLC – Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Expert computer skills and proficiency in Adobe, Microsoft Office suite.
We Would Also Prefer:
- QA experience preferably in proofing and analyzing data and documents for Mortgage, Banking, or Healthcare industry
- Experience or knowledge of software development tool especially testing tools
- Knowledge or experience with Global Vision or with Compart Delta
- Strong experience with software test tools, methodologies and test plans
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.