Sr. Software Engineer (R8789)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Healthcare is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer. This person will be responsible for building healthcare applications being sold to hospitals around the United States. Responsibilities include coding, debugging, designing, and documenting healthcare applications of a high level of complexity. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work in an agile development process.
- Become an expert in a highly configurable healthcare application, understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
- Understand the process behind moving legacy on premise applications to cloud based solutions.
- Assist in the design of major enhancements under general established architectural guidelines.
- Assist with code reviews for team members, including offshore team members.
- Work in a cross functional team to achieve development goals to ensure task completion on time and with high quality.
- Stay current with software and industry trends representing a willingness and capability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers.
You Must Have:
- 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer with a .NET application.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
- Troubleshooting skills, isolating problems and communicating problems.
- Experience developing automated unit tests using NUnit.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with implications of creating cloud-based applications using Azure.
- Knowledge of the use of TFS Work Item ticketing system, or other comparable system.
- Familiarity with the Git source control system.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with Dojo and Wijmo.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.