Digital Press Operator (R8371)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: FolderWorks is hiring a Digital Press Operator!
3rd shift; Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm - 6:00am
- Set up, operate, and maintain digital printing equipment to meet job specifications, schedules, and deadlines pertaining to production orders, proofs, and supplied samples.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and printing issues. Work with vendors as needed to install, repair, or troubleshoot equipment.
- Make adjustments and corrections to meet production and quality standards.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs of press, delivery, feeder, coater, and other equipment.
- Reproduce color to match proofs, samples, and specifications utilizing both visual and instrumentation match process.
- Assist in product development by producing samples on press and giving expert input.
- Ensure proper paper handling, conditioning, and loading.
- Make image quality and productivity recommendations to workflow.
- Calibrate stocks required for an upcoming daily workload.
- Respond appropriately to fault, error, and alert messages.
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Keep supervisor informed of any concerns or issues that would compromise quality, schedules, or safety
You Must Have:
- Ability to lift up to 20 – 40 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to stay on your feet for entire shift.
- Strong work ethic and understand the importance of commitment and punctuality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- A positive attitude to perform in a team environment, and also called upon to work independently.
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school education or equivalent
- Production or assembly experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.