Material Handler (R6818)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Card Fulfillment Services is seeking an Warehouse Material Handler, you will be responsible for assisting with loading, unloading trucks and moving material within the warehouse to and from the loading platform. The position is also operates hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, computer and scanners.
- Enter record of material being moved in and out of the warehouse into inventory software on daily basis
- Operate forklift and power jacks safely observing all safety rules, utilizing horns and maintaining proper speeds
- Complete daily updates, cycle counts and adjustments of inventories
- Stage all raw materials for orders at production equipment in a timely manner
- Maintain regular and frequent communication with Production Supervisors to ensure necessary raw materials and product are available for shift
- Perform shipping and receiving functions, including: wrapping and banding pallets, loading and unloading trucks, preparing appropriate shipping documents and entering receipts into inventory
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Use all designated Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Behave in accordance with Travel Tags, Inc. Core Values
- 2nd Shift (Monday – Friday, 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
You Must Have:
- 1+ years in warehouse and/or shipping role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associates degree in Business or related field
- Radio Frequency Scanner (RFS) system
- UPS Worldship and/or Fed Ex ShipManager software
- Ability to become certified on a forklift
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and is able to handle other tasks as assigned
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.