Logistics Analyst (R7757)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Warehouse & Distribution is adding a Logistics Analyst in our Dayton, OH location or a remote location. This person will be responsible for managing and coordinating shipments, inbound and outbound as well as domestic and international, between the Shipping Facilities, Customer Service, Sales, Customers and Suppliers.
- Evaluate best cost carrier of all shipments, focusing on shipments with special requirements (i.e. time sensitive deliveries, full or partial truck loads, inbound shipments, 3rd Party shipments, imports, exports, etc.)
- Arrange or coordinate scheduling of shipments with freight forwarders or carriers, including verification and/or making Delivery Appointments
- Act as the liaison between freight forwarders or carriers, customers, Customer Service, Scheduling and/or Operations with establishing deadlines or options for shipping, special needs such as fulfillment, drop shipping, etc.
- Provide freight quotes to internal customers
- Prepare documents needed for domestic shipping including Packing Lists, BOL’s, AWB, ASNs and international shipments (such as Commercial Invoices, SLI’s, SED’s, USMCA’s, etc.)
- Coordinate or facilitate customs clearance of inbound and outbound shipments with carriers, freight forwarders and/or customs broker
- Assist with or determining proper HTS and/or Schedule B numbers for all commodities shipped
- Track and fix shipping issues
You Must Have:
- 2+ years of directly related experience with high volume shipping
- Management of 3rd party logistics providers
- Extensive knowledge of UPS WorldShip and FedEx software
- Understands ERP concepts and integration with respect to supply/demand functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented and organized
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant and warehouse employees and CSR teams
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and is able to handle other tasks as assigned
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, engineering or related discipline
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.