Director, Project Management (R4511)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Director of Project Management to work in North Mankato, MN. The position is a hands-on role, responsible for direction and leadership of the project portfolio by either directly managing projects or overseeing your team of project managers.
The Director of Project Management is accountable for the program and project management disciplines within the PMO. This role leads and directs the work of others, and provides effective leadership to project managers within the PMO team. This role is also responsible for successful (within scope, budget and timeline) execution of projects managed within the PMO, establishing standards and best practices for effective Project Management, and advising and managing program and project management staff. The CoP is an expanded responsibility of the PMO and will require creative and thoughtful design to prepare and then get adopted into practice throughout the enterprise. Managing the organizational change will be critical to the success of institutionalize a more disciplined PMLC method and the CoP.
This individual will work in North Mankato office 2-3 days a week and have the flexibility to work remotely the other days.
- Contribute to the management, operation and performance of the PMO; to ensure it meets its targets and supports the delivery of organizational and strategic goals.
- Exceptional project management skills, able to step in and manage troubled projects back onto course; provide leadership, coaching and assistance with roadblock removal and issue resolution.
- Manage a team of project managers across IT related projects and provide effective leadership to Project Managers spread across several geographic locations.
- Able to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure. Strong organization change skills and communications skills (oral and written) for executive level communications
- Own the organization’s project delivery approach, its implementation, establishment and iteration. Evolve PMO processes, tools, metrics, and policies ensuring they drive productivity, quality and business success.
- Ultimately responsible for on-time, on-budget and within scope execution of portfolio projects managed within the PMO. Taking a hands-on role with managing projects, as needed. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders. Collaborate with business leaders to successfully deliver project benefits.
- Ability to lead in dynamic environment and lead the evolution of PMO and project management maturity to a higher level and to standardize PM methods, tools and project artifacts across organization
- Enhance department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities for PMO to add value to the company
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in IT Project or Program Management capacity, or related duties, and significant experience at a senior level in a PMO Function
- Ability to manage a range of projects types and complex business initiatives and change programs
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in project management, governance, large program management, and in leading the change – raising the bar - in project management maturity in an organization or a PMO
- Experience balancing and leading the prioritization of new project efforts.
- Excellent program and project planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret critical path, draw conclusions and prepare clear and concise reports and recommendations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated experience using data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective program/project management policies & procedures.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to intuitively present ideas and concepts to staff and management at all levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible in complex situations with ability to navigate through conflict with positive outcomes.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
We Would Also Prefer:
- Certification in project management (PMP)
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you’ll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ long-term potential.