IT Director, Software Engineering (R6854)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 (a Taylor company) is looking for a Director of IT – Software Engineering to lead technical architecture, technical/product development and delivery of initiatives on our eCommerce and other customer facing platforms. The Director will lead the process of building and maintaining platforms and entire ecosystem that support customer capability requirements and takes advantage of cloud architecture.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in managing complex technology driven transformation initiatives. The candidate must be comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure, driving a formal change management and SDLC processes, and providing concise executive level communication.
This position is a role for a seasoned technology leader capable of juggling high profile deliverables across platforms. A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/product program management, technology architecture, design and development, people management, functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, processes, and change management.
- Lead teams of technology specialists to plan, build, service and support the customer facing platforms
- Work with the product owners, customers, marketing and sales teams to understand customer and platform capability needs and translate them into technical solutions across the Commercial Print and Visual Communications technology portfolio
- Lead the analysis of value to cost for platform feature/function expansion
- Lead the effort to expand platform for capacity and performance
- Lead the effort to refactor platforms for efficiency with cloud architecture where applicable
- Create internal partnerships with our internal security, compliance, hosting, and offshore teams
- Create external partnerships with our customers to optimize the user experience
- Build partnerships with our internal product managers and product owners for alignment and transparency of customer needs and delivery timeframes
- Manage and communicate budget for platform capability delivery
- Manage and communicate technology platform/product load and performance testing with assistance from other stakeholders
- Manage state-side and offshore software delivery and quality assurance resources
- Ensure quality delivery of capabilities including those specific to platforms such as quality PDF accuracy from the UI all the way thru to manufacturing
- Participate in evaluation of competitive landscape of technology to keep us current in the industry
- Ensure compliance to industry privacy and data security regulations
- Direct the software development and release process with the goal of delivering software releases on time, on budget with high quality
- Mentor and grow junior developers within the team and create a path for future technology leaders
- Prepare and present platform operating plans and roadmap to executive board
- Communicate value and spend scenarios to executive leadership
- Provide clear updates on progress towards goals to multiple levels of the organization including on and offshore teams
You Must Have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of technology of which at least 6 years in a leadership position managing technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with technical solutions, as well as help create saleable POC experiences.
- Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices.
- Demonstrated organization, communication and project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment from conception to successful implementation
- History of building teams and people to work in a collaborative approach
- Experience in an Agile environment, familiarity with agile sprint methodology and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with integrated product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify cost savings and efficiency paths to reduce time and funding for each client engagement and product delivery.
- Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
- Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack.
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- Microsoft ASP.net/C# /Developer Studio
- Azure Cloud Services
- SQL Server
- HTML 5
- App Dynamics and Microsoft Load testing tool suite and performance testing
- REST / GraphQL API design pattern experience
- Encryption Familiarity
- Distributed computing experience
- DevOps concepts
- Audit Compliance experience (ISO, SOC2,PCI, HiTrust, etc)
- PDF creation
- Multi-browser compatibilities
- Backlog Management and Ticketing toolset
- Testing tools
- Graphic Design and Variable Print tools experience is a plus
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.