Building Maintenance-1 (R4830)
This position is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing all equipment and company assets while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork policies and procedures. This position will perform various tasks inside and outside of the facility to keep the property in show case-ready condition.
- General grounds maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs to equipment and/or facility grounds. Including but not limited to: Landscaping, painting, snow removal, vehicle maintenance and repair, lawn care, snow removal, pipe insulating, janitorial, concrete work and 110-220-volt electrical installation and upkeep.
- Responsible for performing daily/weekly general grounds maintenance.
- Responsible for making any necessary repairs to the grounds, in example mowing, weed eating, mulch, general cleanliness of parking lots, smoking areas, and other areas as needed & required by Management.
- Assists with maintenance throughout the entire facility as required
- May be responsible for use of heavy tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in environmental temperatures that range from -20° to an excess of 95°F.
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and over time as needed.
- Requires the ability to read and comprehend information in manuals and printed directions to repair equipment and use cleaners, solvents, paints and other similar chemicals.
- Must be able and willing to walk and stand 8-12 hours on hard floors.
- Must be able and willing to work around the sight and smell of meat (pork) and all other products present when processing meats.
- Requires a full range of bending; occasional lifting from 0-50 lbs., push/pull reach, grasping and use of hand tools; walking; standing or sitting in confined areas.
- Ability to perform work in various body positions from heights on ladders, catwalks, lifts, scaffolding and stairs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or 1-year of on-the-job training in a related field.
- Must have one years’ experience or education in at least two (2) of the following building maintenance areas: carpentry, 110-220 volt electrical, concrete, vehicle repair, pipe insulation, painting or plumbing.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or email@example.com.