Quality Manager (R7161)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Here at Taylor Communications, a Taylor Corporation company, we are looking for a Quality Manager to join our 1st shift team in the Dallas, Texas location! In this role, you will oversee and manage the Technical Support/Quality Assurance staff and function in the facility. You will be responsible for overseeing process excellence programs such as ISO, lean, quality assurance engineering, in-process and final inspection, and/or supplier/vendor QA engineering for the organization. In this role, you will work directly with our sales and internal departments on technical support issues related to product quality or material specifications of our pressure sensitive materials.
You will help to manage the development and enhancement of systems, procedures, methods and forms throughout the organization with emphasis on uniformity, simplification, and operating efficiency to ensure that all products produced represent the maximum quality and reliability attainable. You will help to troubleshoot application problems and travel to customer sites when required, research and recommend new label materials, equipment, print technology, etc. You will also aid in providing new materials and products for use where cost savings and/or better performance can be expected, as well as assist in locating vendors who offer new and/or unusual materials.
- Bring expertise or identify subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, and compliance with procedures, etc.
- Manage installation, inspection, and testing procedures for finished products. Recommends corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality specifications and label standards.
- Develops, tracks, and reports key service performance measurements.
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal & external contacts.
- Coordinates unit activities with other functions (e.g., engineering, production, sales and general operations) including developing and implementing policies and procedures on systems and the flow of information.
- Monitors program effectiveness and develops processes to increase the effectiveness of activities.
- Establishes and maintains industry relations. Develops and manages departmental budget, labor dollars, and controls costs.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the pressure sensitive label industry with leadership experience
- Technical knowledge of labels and the label manufacturing processes; familiarity with pressure sensitive material attributes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate concepts, both written and verbally
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and time constraints
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% as needed for clients
We Would Also Prefer:
- Printer knowledge and experience for application and troubleshooting.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial, and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.