Equipment Operator (R7569)
Start a new career with us.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for an Equipment Operator
- Set up and operate rewinding equipment according to procedures and job specifications. Troubleshoot problems and perform routine equipment upkeep as required.
- Monitor quality of finished product according to job specifications and quality standards.
- Meet standards for output and waste.
- Prepare cartons and pack finished product.
- Handle labels so as to prevent any damage or errors on finished labels.
- Complete required paperwork (work orders, equipment logs, etc.).
- Prioritize work schedule as necessary to minimize production down time.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Maintain work area in organized manner.
• 7pm -7am
You Must Have:
- Good verbal communication skills are required to coordinate the rewinding process
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 65 pounds, prolonged standing).
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods.
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive work
- Ability to follow precise detailed job specifications
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Ability to read a ruler
- Mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to maintain consistently good attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must have ability to work with very close tolerances
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members
- High degree of analytical skills
- Good color discernment
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.