Variable Data Specialist - Flexible Hours (R5098)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Variable Data Specialist to provide complex data programming and customer development as it applies to variable data manipulation and document set up to meet all USPS mailing and shipping requirements.
This position will perform mail file sorts and preparations, list maintenance and database management tasks on computer-based tools to format and control variable personalization of messages and information to be printed on products, packaging and mailings. This includes being the primary point of completion for defined applications and will also provide a focal point of contact to internal and external customers.
Your Shift: Mid-day (Hours Flexible), Monday - Friday
- Implements the technical mailing functions required for defined customer applications, based on the mailing job specifications.
- Processes and maintains records, statistics, and reports regarding mailing lists, postage costs, merging and batching operations.
- Administers controls and documents the activities related to data planning and development and the establishment of policies and procedures pertaining to its management, security, maintenance, and utilization.
- Follows standard work processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Communicates on key developments and specifics, which affect job output, keeping all parties informed.
- Follows all department Standard Work Documents, Department Standards, and Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- May lead, supervise and/or manage other team members.
You Must Have:
- The minimum education required for this position is a Bachelor's degree or a combination of education related/relevant professional work experience.
- Typically requires 4 years of experience programming and/or data base management experience
- Requires intermediate knowledge of variable data programs such as GMC Inspire, HP Dialogue and/or XMPie.
- Requires expert computer knowledge and skills pertaining to complex databases, especially Dbase, Excel and postal software programs, such as Satori or BCC.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences and to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively participate in team meetings, activities, and projects by being forthcoming with recommendations or suggestions.
We Would Also Prefer:
- College Degree preferred
- Experience with Post Presort software’s such as Window Book or Monticello.
- Ability to perform basic project management duties.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.