Mechanic Technician (R6857)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Card Fulfillment Services is seeking a Mechanic Technician – Maintenance. The position is responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and improving various pieces of equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Monday – Friday, 2nd Shift (2:00pm-10:30pm)
- Perform preventive maintenance on all types of equipment
- Perform effective emergency repairs on all types of equipment
- Assemble and install new equipment
- Make modifications to existing equipment to reduce downtime and maximize production efficiencies
- Work closely with and be able to communicate with internal and external suppliers
- Keep accurate records
- Maintain daily and monthly expenses and work within defined budgets
- Create requisitions for equipment and parts
- Provide technical support to all areas of CFS
- Train others on how to properly run equipment
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Use all designated Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Strong background in TPM and the use of TPM software as well
- 2+ years in machine maintenance
- Ability to multitask and schedule priorities
- Ability to read diagrams and blueprints
- Knowledge of mechanical workings including electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast-paced work environment
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Reacts to change productively and can handle other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
- Technical degree in electrical, industrial maintenance, or another related field
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.