3rd Shift Lettershop Operator (R4013)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taylor Communications (a Taylor Corporation Company) is looking for an Equipment Operator to set up, operate, monitor and maintain high-speed inserters, such as Pitney Bowes, Kern, and/or Bell and Howell, to work in our Arden Hills, Minnesota location.
- Read and interpret job information on order to determine production operation
- Set up and operate machine inserting statements and other related materials into envelopes for mailing (calibration, cleaning, etc.)
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Make continuous quality checks throughout operations
- Troubleshoot simple issues that might occur during the shift
- Report problems or concerns with quality results with senior management immediately
- Place letters/packages into bins to be shipped once inserted
- Must fully understand and show ability to utilize job instructions, documentation, and quality procedures. Understand DRS & Count mode processing
- Must have a good understanding of the 2D barcode and how to interpret the 2D barcode
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
You Must Have:
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- 6 months to 1 year experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Basic measuring skills- able to read a ruler and other measurement devices
- Basic problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills (open, save, print a file, enter data)
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attention to detail and be comfortable working independently
- Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
We believe that our employees and our culture are the reason we are successful and we strive to provide our family of employees with opportunities for success, opportunities to achieve their goals, and opportunities for learning and development.
If you share our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize the industry and our goal to lead the future in highly regulated digital communications, come and join the Taylor team!
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.