Sr. Corporate Counsel (R6803)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our in-house legal team. The position is responsible for all aspects of employment law, including litigation, compliance, and advising our companies and providing advice on a wide range of legal matters.
- Draft, update and revise employment-related policies and handbooks;
- Audit current HR processes and make recommendations for improvements and best practices;
- Provide advice to Legal and HR teams on a variety of issues including wage/hour, compensation, classification, leaves of absence, employee benefits, disability and accommodations-related issues, hiring and background checks, performance management, involuntary terminations, reductions in force, discrimination/harassment, pay equity issues;
- Develop and deliver training on a wide variety of employment and compliance related subjects;
- Draft Offer Letters, Employment-Related Contracts, Separation Agreements and other employment related documents;
- Oversee and conduct employee investigations;
- Collaborate with a broad range of people and departments throughout Taylor to develop and maintain strong working relationships between Legal, HR, Finance, IT, and other operational groups, utilizing a team- based approach;
- Engage with outside counsel to effectively resolve threatened or outstanding employment litigation matters and to establish best practices for prevention of matters;
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple stakeholders;
- Prepare and provide presentations to business partners as needed;
- Perform special assignments or projects as needed; and
- Limited travel may be required.
You Must Have:
- Degree from an accredited law school of recognized standing;
- License to practice law in Minnesota;
- 3+ years of employment law experience in a corporate law department and/or private practice;
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of nationwide state and federal employment, non-compete and compensation laws;
- Managing multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Positively and successfully managing relationships with a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across different lines of business.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.