Maintenance Technician (R5997)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Communications is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taylor Communications is seeking a Maintenance Technician in Hutchins, Texas to set up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain Rotary Web Printing Presses or other highly technically equipment required to meet deadlines
- Mechanical support on all production and facility equipment.
- Preventive maintenance on all production and facility equipment.
- Assist with maintaining and organizing maintenance area and spare parts.
- Operate machine shop equipment including but not limited to the following; drill press, grinders, band saws, hydraulic press, electric and pneumatic hand power tools, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems including relays, switches, sensors and solenoids.
- Read wiring diagrams and manuals to make repairs.
- Maintain drive systems on machines for both AC and DC drives. Be knowledgeable of motor types and sizes.
- Building maintenance as required to include lighting, painting, floor repair, etc.
- 3 pm to 11 pm Monday through Friday (Individual will be on-call during the weekends on a rotating schedule)
You Must Have:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of related / relevant experience
- High degree of mechanical ability
- High degree of analytical and mathematical ability
- Good reading ability
We Would Also Prefer:
- Detail oriented with focus on safety.
- Problem-solving ability and able to work under pressure.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Properly use and understand various gauges, scales, and meters.
- Operation of lift trucks and personnel lifts.
About Taylor Communications:
Taylor Communications Inc. is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.