Software Developer (R8978)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Software Developer to work in North Mankato, MN. This person will assist the team in the development and definition of technical solutions to address customer/vendor requirements, assist in defining and implementing standards to improve the quality of the organization's deliverables. The position is responsible for assisting in the design, development, and creation of internal and external applications to support our business units with solutions.
The applications are designed to increase productivity and provide core functionality for our businesses required daily. This includes writing applications that will support customers with the ability to place sales orders and route them to our business units for fulfillment, or vendors to allow to receive orders for external fulfillment and exchange business event documents like shipping acknowledgements and invoices. The responsibilities also include designing, coding, debugging, and documenting internal solutions to support business continuity and growth.
- Become an expert in our order fulfillment application, understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
- Assist other engineers in software designs, technical solutions and understanding the architecture of the application.
- Work in an Agile Team with Business Analyst / Technical Product Managers, other Software Engineers and management to refine requirements and break down requirements into designs and development tasks.
- New product development involving on-prem & cloud environments.
- Stay current with software and industry trends representing a willingness and capability to quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
- Interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience of Web Application development with ASP.NET, C#, HTML, CSS, & Microsoft SQL Server.
- 1+ years of experience in developing and implementing solutions to secure software applications.
- Troubleshooting skills, isolating problems and communicating problems.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with Cloud-based or hosted application deployment & support.
- Experience with Microsoft Networking and Security, Microsoft IIS Applications, Microsoft SQL Server scripting, and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Developing automated unit tests.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines.
- Knowledge of Messaging/Integration Patterns .
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.