Director, Shipping and Warehouse (R7146)
HyLife Foods Windom, a division of the HyLife organization, is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Director of Shipping and Warehouse located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN to direct all day to day shipping and warehouse functions of HyLife Foods Windom, and manage internal customer relationships to meet external customer obligations.
• Negotiate and maintain freight rates with third party vendors
• Monitor and achieve all departmental KPIs, and identify areas that required focus and improvement
• Develop logistical strategies in collaboration with Senior Director of Growth
• Operations which create efficiencies, optimization, and cost savings
• Develop and evaluate team members to perform at optimal efficiency and productivity
• Prepare monthly reports, annual budgets and analyze them in collaboration with Senior Director of Growth Operations
• Create, develop, and maintain a culture that fosters continuous improvement
• Stay up to date with industry news and standards to understand potential impacts
• Ensure on time delivery of orders to customers
• Measure performances, implement strategies, and resolve challenges
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
• University Degree in Management preferred
• 5 years’ of relevant industry experience
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to be strategic, tactical, and set expectations
• Management: connection of team, piers, and senior management
• Team Development: develop skills, hold accountable, and provide feedback in all directions
• Computer knowledge required, experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) preferred
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Must attach Resume to be considered.
HyLife Foods Windom is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.