Regional Sales Manager (R4093)
The Scholastic Business Unit within Taylor Corporation is seeking a Regional Sales Manager. This candidate is responsible for ongoing support and growth of existing as well as new business development opportunities. This position will manage a sales teams encouraging growth within their territories and analyzing new market trends. The position is also responsible for identifying new territories and onboarding new Sales Representatives to support this territory. A successful candidate will need to effectively understand and implement the sales model and strategy at the local and regional level and ensure that their Sales Teams’ skills are effectively developed and assessed on a regular basis. A primary goal is to determine how to best coach, mentor, and lead a Sales Representative to meet or exceed individual performance milestones.
- Monday – Friday
- Maintain and grow sales within existing accounts and territories. Delivering measurable results by Sales Representative, by account, by territory.
- Utilize and integrate sales performance management model to drive key metrics.
- Coordinates resources with representatives from marketing, sales-operations, information technology, development and customer services.
- Effectively hires, develops and supports “world class” sales talent.
- Coach, mentor and lead a regional sales force.
- Coordinate sales efforts with other Taylor Strategic Business Units to maximize market coverage and cross-selling opportunities.
- Lead development and execution of local sales strategies (talent acquisition, retention, account expansion) within existing and new territories.
- Collaborate with the senior executives to establish and execute revenue and sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maximize use of appropriate sales processes & develop sales staff to perform at required skill levels using a variety of developmental techniques and appropriate sales models.
- Ensure management of a large account base by providing superior customer service.
- Continue to drive improvement in customer loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- BA/BS in business or other relevant major.
- 5+ years of high school scholastic sales experience or sales management.
- Strong ability to coach Sales Representative to higher performance.
- Strong knowledge of ROI/ROA concepts; excellent problem solver.
- Excellent planning discipline. Able to convey the organizational and account vision and ensure accountability of all team members to achieve goals.
- Detail oriented. Able to translate customer needs into actionable deliverables.
- Display solutions-oriented creativity.
- Excellent negotiation skills, presentation skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills, achievement oriented.
- Travel will be required.
- 5+ years Sales Management experience; preferably in scholastic and yearbook markets.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
About Our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Company History and Values
The Scholastic Business Unit of Taylor Corporation brings together the companies of Taymark, National Recognition Productions, and Walters Publishing (a division of Corporate Graphics). Collectively, all three companies provide a variety of products and services to the K-12 marketplace.
Taymark, a multi-brand direct marketing company, helps reward, recognize and celebrate the achievements and significant events for customers of all ages, spanning from youth and school-aged children to aging adults. Providing a full range of customized products and services, Taymark plays a part in creating lasting memories for their customers.
Walter’s Publishing works with independent photographers and yearbook providers. This yearbook division looks for ways to generate additional revenue through yearbooks, church directories, sports and event books, military books and all types of memory books. They have been providing successful turnkey programs to our business partners and schools for more than 20 years, which includes a comprehensive software plan options, in-depth training and attentive customer support. They also provide private-labeled marketing materials with no start-up costs or inventory required.
National Recognition Products (NRP) is one of the nation’s premier manufacturers and suppliers of graduation announcements, class rings, championship rings, caps and gowns, academic regalia, diplomas, diploma covers and certificates. NRP has manufactured and distributed products for the scholastic community for over 50 years. They are the preferred partner for more than 3,000 high schools and colleges nationwide and the printer of choice for a wide range of prestigious customers, including the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals. NRP has won numerous national and international printing awards, including the Golden Leaf Award and the Printing Industries of America Premier Print Award.
Every person on our staff is committed to providing great customer service and to producing high-quality products and services.