Billing Specialist (R7397)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you are ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, and more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We are passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we are looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Optima Graphics is seeking a Billing Specialist to work in our Fenton, MO location. The Billing Specialist should be familiar with standard billing concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to rely on experience and judgment to interact with customers and the sales organization to accomplish goals.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Process and issue customer invoices
- Set up new customers, including credit extension requests
- Process and reconcile credit card payments
- Apply customer payments
- Monitor and collect on outstanding receivable balances
- Reconcile cash and accounts receivable
- Manage postage prefunding process, including requests, tracking of usage and reporting
- Partner with finance, sales, customer service, warehouse and plant
- Research issues raised by customer service to ensure timely and accurate customer billing
- Communicating with customers that have past due receivables and collecting
- 2+ years of experience in business to business Invoicing or in a related area
- 1+ years of collections experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent work history in attendance, punctuality, and performance
- Strong organization skills with ability to track activities and follow up
- Tactful/Professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to work well in a flexible, fast-paced team environment
- Associate degree or its equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting methods and business operations
- Experience in use of Microsoft applications (Emphasis in Excel)
- Analytical, root cause analysis, and problem-solving skills with ability to take initiative
- Experience with Monarch, Lawson or other ERP system a plus
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Optima Graphics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.