Creative Services Supervisor (R6802)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Corporate Graphics Commercial, a division of Taylor Corporation, is seeking a Creative Services Supervisor to join their team in North Mankato, MN! As the Creative Services Supervisor, you will lead creative team members while simultaneously producing engaging creative solutions that address business challenges. The ideal candidate has design experience with an aptitude for diplomatic, engaging leadership. Areas of focus will include, but aren’t limited to, art collection designs for Pictavo, instructional yearbook materials, sales and marketing materials, project management, communications, and press-ready file prep for yearbook interiors and covers.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team and other internal clients to identify project goals and objectives
- Communicate best practices, improvement opportunities, to increase overall competency among the team
- Serves in a leadership capacity to ensure attention to detail, timely meeting of deadlines and budgets, accuracy and professionalism, along with mentoring creative team members
- Act as a liaison with internal customers across the network to identify, develop, and fulfill communication needs
- Provide creative direction for art creation and all marketing collateral
- Collaborate with software team to plan future development improvements based on knowledge of industry-standard design software as well as yearbook customer experience needs
- Assist in testing software to ensure proper functionality and report issues to be addressed
- During peak yearbook production season, responsible for ensuring all covers and interiors are setup to proper specs for print production
- Create easy to understand measurable reports on project progress and costs
- Listens to customer feedback (surveys, phone calls, trade shows, etc.) to serve as the pre-sales creative expert to insure the ability to produce desired products, to think about product innovation and impactful ways of delivering messages to the market
- Partner with internal customers and creative team members to deliver kit, sales and marketing projects that drive business results
- Work closely with the project team to understand needs and ensure delivery by creative staff
- Identify and lead process improvement projects
- Fosters the individual talents of each team member to ensure employee job fulfillment and efficient graphic production.
- Sets and monitors performance standards of the department.
- Stay current with the yearbook marketing, including design trends and evolving art styles
- Hire permanent and temporary staff as needed depending on workload
- Maintain file management system
You Must Have:
- BA, BS, BFA, AAS or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a graphic designer, design manager/supervisor, or creative specialist
- Proven ability to work independently and/or as part of a team, in an office setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Ability to conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner
- Proficient at Adobe Creative Suite and experience in MS Office Suite
- Sophisticated design and typography skills; exceptional creative ability
- Pro-active critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work as needed (especially during peak seasons)
We Would Also Prefer:
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of print production
- Knowledge of file setup for special processes such as foil, emboss, silkscreen, UV, die-cut, lenticular
- PDF editing experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Walter’s Publishing is one of four successful channels of business within Corporate Graphics Commercial. The history of Corporate Graphics Commercial dates back to 1989 when we began operations in our current location. Through the succeeding years, CGC has grown to become one of the region's premier commercial printers by offering creative, high-quality solutions for a wide variety of clients.
The growth of CGC can be directly attributed to our "customer-focused" approach and the support of our parent company, Taylor Corporation. We have assembled a well-rounded team of seasoned professionals who can quickly and effectively respond to any situation or problem. The efforts of our employees are enhanced by the latest technology and equipment.
Walter’s Publishing, understands the importance of the yearbook business. We work with hundreds of independent photographers and yearbook representatives to provide competitive pricing, tools and support. In addition, we have a team of employees committed to providing excellent service and support at every stage of the process.
Corporate Graphics Commercial is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.