Warehouse worker 2nd shift (R5639)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is seeking a Warehouse Laborer. A Warehouse Laborer receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products.
- Promote a safe work environment through personal actions.
- Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
- Re-stack product weighing up to 90 lbs.
- Utilize manual palletizer and/or other power equipment to regroup product for shipment or storage.
- Ensure that product is free from damage.
- Assist forklift operators and truck drivers with orders.
- Retrieve orders from computer and confirm information with office staff, if necessary.
- Maintain clean and safe working area. Wipe down warehouse, railcars, trailers and/or truck bay. Sweep work area. Remove trash and debris. Keep company grounds free of litter.
- Assist with projects, product maintenance and storage in the freezer environment.
- Mark product with identifying information. Inventory product as needed.
- Label, sort, wrap, tie and pack product, when necessary.
- Other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Radio Frequency Scanners (RF Scanners).
- Ability to read and understand safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and other associates.
- Ability to read and write, as required.
- Ability to work in environment of extreme cold conditions.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self, demonstrating dedication to achievement of results.
- Detail orientated, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, basic math skills.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.