Inserting Operator (R7284)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions Inc. is seeking an Inserting Operator to work in our Grove City, OH location. The position is responsible for automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Equipment may be related to process such as: cutting, binding, finishing, mailing, and off line inkjet on product.
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday then following week Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM
- Perform all equipment functions as noted on the work order/job ticket.
- Prepare supplies to operate equipment. Maintain proper work flow and distribution throughout run for both the form impression and numbering head fountains, where required.
- Check paper for type, size, color and quantity.
- Visually inspect forms throughout run for quality checks, registrations, looking at inking, numbering sequence, clear impression.
- Coordinate with Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs, and when necessary reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
- Operate machinery to produce customized jobs.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area following maintenance procedures and update maintenance logs.
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems.
- Wear appropriate safety protection as required.
- Participate as a key player in the Production Team by supporting operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Plant Manager, Production Manager, Client Care Team and Production Team informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that both sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manual.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- High degree of analytical and mathematical ability
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions
- Must be able to work with very close tolerances
- Must be able to communicate with other operators
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds required
- Have reliable transportation.
- Ability To stand/walk for entire shift
We Would Also Prefer:
- Production Equipment Operation
- Job Shop experience
- Ability to perform with minimum Supervision
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Venture Solutions Inc. is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.