Application Architect (R3414)
Taylor Corporation is seeking an Application Architect who will be responsible for translating business, product, and technology strategies into the technical direction that will guide application development. This role supports a rapidly growing, customer-facing B2B portal application with significant security and compliance requirements.
The Application Architect will develop technology solutions and roadmaps that development teams will use during implementation. Solutions will include both developed and integrated solutions. Roadmaps will clearly articulate future state, and emphasize iterative development and delivery. Evaluating viable solutions will require building prototypes, performing build versus buy analyses, technically evaluating and introducing new products, and assessing re-use of enterprise capabilities.
Success in this role will depend heavily on being highly collaborative, strongly inquisitive, and adept at navigating a large enterprise with complex priorities. This position will work closely with other architects, development managers, developers, product owners, and product managers. Financial and estimating acumen is essential.
- Design and deliver solutions aligned with business, product, and technical needs
- Effectively document, communicate, and train development teams on designs and directions
- Develop and communicate roadmaps
- Assist with project estimating on new designs and provide technical guidance to the development teams as needed during implementation
- Track and report progress toward desired architecture end states to senior leadership
- Provide architecture expertise, guidance and governance for new initiatives, in order to ensure platform stability, risk management & mitigation, adherence to standards, and optimization of the investments
- Deliverables include system architecture diagrams and data flows outlining the connectivity between modules and across platforms, as well as other artifacts
- Technical representative providing expertise and deliverables related to vendor solution assessments
- Participate in projects as a consulting resource
- 5+ years in Architect role (Application, Solution, or Enterprise) with a large organization
- 10+ years of varied software engineering experience in the following areas:
- SQL Server, SSIS, IIS, noSQL databases
- High performance application scaling, master data management, application rationalization
- Transformations to cloud (Azure, AWS) for compute and storage, hybrid cloud architecture, containerization, microservices
- Comfortable coaching, communicating with management team and senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Experience building applications containing confidential and regulated data (PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Familiarity with integrated applications in areas such as identity & access management, business intelligence, payment card solutions, document composition & production
- Experience executing a complex product rationalization initiative
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top three graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.