Application Architect (R3414)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking an Application Architect who will be responsible for translating business, product, and technology strategies into the technical direction that will guide application development. This role supports a rapidly growing, customer-facing B2B portal application with significant security and compliance requirements.
- Design and deliver solutions aligned with business, product, and technical needs
- Effectively document, communicate, and train development teams on designs and directions
- Develop and communicate roadmaps
- Assist with project estimating on new designs and provide technical guidance to the development teams as needed during implementation
- Track and report progress toward desired architecture end states to senior leadership
- Provide architecture expertise, guidance and governance for new initiatives, in order to ensure platform stability, risk management & mitigation, adherence to standards, and optimization of the investments
- Deliverables include system architecture diagrams and data flows outlining the connectivity between modules and across platforms, as well as other artifacts
- Technical representative providing expertise and deliverables related to vendor solution assessments
- Participate in projects as a consulting resource
You Must Have:
- 5+ years in Architect role (Application, Solution, or Enterprise) with a large organization
- 10+ years of varied software engineering experience in the following areas:
- SQL Server, SSIS, IIS, noSQL databases
- High performance application scaling, master data management, application rationalization
- Transformations to cloud (Azure, AWS) for compute and storage, hybrid cloud architecture, containerization, microservices
- Comfortable coaching, communicating with management team and senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
We Would Also Prefer:
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Experience building applications containing confidential and regulated data (PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Familiarity with integrated applications in areas such as identity & access management, business intelligence, payment card solutions, document composition & production
- Experience executing a complex product rationalization initiative
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.