Compensation Manager (R3087 )
Manager of Compensation
The Manager of Compensation develops, implements, and administers compensation programs, policies, and procedures. Manages common compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, sales administration and associated analysis. Ensures that programs remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategy, including alignment with the overall Total Rewards and company strategies.
- Develops, implements and manages employee compensation plans for the company.
- Provides compensation guidance and consultation to HR partners and business leaders on job design, market pricing analysis, pay recommendations and optimization of total rewards to drive successful performance results.
- Evaluate jobs, conduct market pricing within the team, and determine appropriate compensation levels within salary structures and FLSA status.
- Prepares for annual merit and compensation planning process, including structure review, modeling for salary budgets, educational materials, communication and guide development and preparing the technology platform.
- Designs and administers and ensures compliance of all base and bonus/incentive compensation programs; conduct audits as necessary.
- Conduct benchmarking, participate in surveys on compensation programs or Total Rewards practices to measure internal and external competiveness.
- Provides consultation analysis on compensation for due diligence related to activity on mergers and acquisitions, and integration of acquired employees into compensation programs and systems.
- Partners with finance, human resources, other internal partners, as well as external vendors in design of various plans ensuring legal compliance, maintaining fiduciary duties, ensuring financial soundness, and optimizing value of compensation and other total rewards program.
- Builds relationships by meeting with internal customers to ascertain effectiveness of compensation programs and gain understanding of business units' future challenges.
- Manage and administer recognition programs, including vendors and merchandise sourcing
- Manage and provide work direction, coaching and development for the compensation and analyst team.
- Carries out all other leadership and management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and ensures compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in business, human resources management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, including alignment within a Total Rewards strategy
- 3+ years demonstrated management or relevant high-level individual contributor experience in a Human Resources discipline
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or other industry recognized certification(s) strongly preferred
- Experience managing data and developing processes in a major human capital management platform preferred (ideally Workday)
- Comprehensive knowledge of FLSA, 409A, Equal Pay Act, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations governing administration of both qualified and non-qualified plans, strongly preferred
- High level of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills required; knowledge of Access a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully lead and drive multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proven relationship management skills and the ability to partner effectively and influence business leaders, partners in other centers of excellence departments and to engage HR business partners
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong business management skills and financial acumen
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top three graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.