1st Shift Cold Side Supervisor (R6794)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of 1st Shift Production Supervisor, Cold Side located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
When you join our team your main responsibilities as a Production Supervisor will include:
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of hourly and salary manufacturing associates.
- Oversees product according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with product specifications.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products, ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors all work areas for cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a minimum.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by reporting policy infractions to HR and being involved with taking appropriate disciplinary actions. Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
You will be required as a Production Supervisor to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years' prior pork plant supervisory experience and leadership skills in a food manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of meat processing industry, yields, and production processes.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- General knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety regulations.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, kneel, crouch, grasp, lift, talk and hear.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.