Customer Service Representative III (R3261)
Curtis 1000 is seeking a Customer Service Representative III. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for being the single point of contact for sales representatives and customers for a variety of customer related issues. This includes providing information in response to requests, effectively resolving inquiries in a timely manner. This may also include working with sales representatives, the Operation Center teams, customers and vendors to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. Other duties or projects may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Act as a liaison between the Sales Representative, Operation Center Teams and Vendors to ensure that customer needs and requirements are met.
- Assist Sales Representative in understanding details of products, pricing, processes, and price book and partner with them to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience. That includes actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives including documenting and maintaining operating procedures for accounts per the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Receive complaints (Dissats) via phone from the sales representatives and/or customers and document details in operating system. Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or credit; following up to ensure resolution.
- Monitor inventory levels and issue purchase orders as necessary to ensure product availability for customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with the personal and stylistic differences of internal and external customers.
- Prepare and distribute a variety of sales related reports for internal use as part of managing assigned accounts. This includes conducting internal review of account(s) including, but not limited to, contract pricing, processes, inventory, and performance based on activity.
- May act as a liaison between the customer, cross functional internal teams, and vendors, to insure timely and successful delivery of our products, services and solutions according to the customer’s needs.
- May participate in the development of customer business reviews including preparation of customer presentations, gathering performance metric data and participating in customer meetings.
- Develop and maintain on-going strong relationships with all accounts through regular contact.
- Perform maintenance requests to our online ordering platforms and/or submit helpdesk tickets when necessary
- Provide back-up territory coverage (via phone) in the Sales Representatives’ absence.
- Calculate price, discount, sales representative's commissions, and shipping charges as required.
- Assist in editing and order entry overflow during peak periods. May also assist with special projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The minimum education required for this position is a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) plus 4 to 6 years of previous customer service or customer support experience. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of company product and services; Technical print knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of customer service such as estimating, order processing, order editing, outside vendor (mill) relations.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create short correspondence and memos for a variety of audiences.
- Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization in person or via phone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the incumbent to use color vision, hearing, sitting for prolonged periods, speaking and articulating, and lifting less than 25 pounds on a constant basis, stand walk use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- This position requires the incumbent to stoop, kneel or crouch or and lift/ and or move up to 10 lbs. In addition, occasionally lift and/ or move 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Some local travel maybe required.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130+ year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.