Shipping and Receiving Lead (R5791)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking an experienced Shipping and Receiving Team Lead in Monroe Twp, NJ to manage and coordinate the shipping Pick and Pack team. The position is responsible for direction of associates, systems control of product, and accuracy of input.
- Performs at the Lead level and leads other individuals at senior level.
- May operate machinery. May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area by ensuring good housekeeping practices and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations and guidelines
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of employees
- Performs duties such as some or all of the following: - load and unload trucks, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling device
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials t
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity,
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons etc.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers
- Operates standard or specially designed machines
- Monday – Friday 4:00 pm – 12:30 am
You Must Have:
- Prior warehouse experience
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and use a computer operating system to track inventory
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- A strong attention to detail
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals are required to follow instructions
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow safety procedures
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School diploma or GED
- Advanced training to operate the specialized equipment.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.