High School Yearbook Marketing Manager (R3561)
Taylor Corporation is seeking a High School Yearbook Marketing Manager to develop and execute the company’s high school yearbook marketing strategy of attracting and retaining customers and ultimately achieving the company’s sales, growth and profitability goals. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all high school marketing and customer-facing activities and support of an independent sales channel.
- Cultivate relationships with scholastic journalism community and sales channels to stay connected to industry trends and identify sales and marketing opportunities
- Assess, propose, plan and execute curriculum development (or create an alternative offering) that meets customer needs
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities that elevate our brand and increase our competitiveness
- Write and lead the creation and maintenance of all high-school yearbook marketing initiatives (e.g. website, blog/social media posts, direct mail, workshop materials and other collateral)
- Create, plan and work with others to execute and measure all email communication campaigns to schools, parents and business partners across the yearbook business
- Create and manage school contests (e.g. cover design, page design, etc.)
- Create and manage a lead generation program that is measurable and effective in growing high school yearbook sales
- Coordinate and participate in events, trade shows, conference and industry events to stay informed, identify new market and partnership opportunities and assist with sales
- Assist in event and tradeshow logistics including venue sourcing, giveaways, printing, booth management and shipping
- Assist with summer workshop development including speaker coordination, printed materials and setup
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing
- 6+ years’ experience in scholastic journalism, ideally as a former yearbook or newspaper staff member, adviser or marketer at a high school yearbook publisher.
- Understanding of end-consumer, school, and channel buying cycle and processes.
- Ability to translate market and customer knowledge into effective marketing activities that directly increase sales and customer satisfaction.
- Proven email marketing skills and ability to manage email campaigns from start to finish.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and is able to manage many multi-faceted priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate efficiently
- Proficient with Windows-based Microsoft Office Application (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to travel 10%
- Background and passion in photo book or yearbook creation and industry experience
- Design experience with graphic industry standard software applications such as Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is a plus
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.