Equipment Feeder - 2nd Shift (R5656)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation Company, is adding a Press Feeder in Las Vegas, Nevada. This person will be responsible for productivity at standard, producing quality products, and equipment maintenance.
- Monday – Friday, 2pm – 10pm
- Move/load paper in and out of press
- Hang plates and blankets
- Perform routine quality checks looking at press sheets for color, scratches, or other sub-standard imperfections.
- Move product using hand pallet jack and/or fork lift
- Assist with make ready and wash-ups
- Clean and maintain area in accordance with established safety procedures and guidelines
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Help other press operators/feeders as needed
- Participate in maintenance and safety checks of chemicals and chemical storage
- Other duties as required
You Must Have:
- Minimum 2 years feeding experience on a multicolor press
- General understanding of different substrates
- Fork lift experience highly preferred
- Self-motivated with a focus on quality
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand and or move about for entire shift
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to push/pull pallet jack with full skid of paper
- Full range of motion of the back in order to bend at the waist or reach above the head
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts when needed
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to run 20” – 29” 4 color plus presses a significant plus; opportunities for advancement to press operator possible
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy, looks for improvements to work processes and takes advantage of tools and resources, finds root cause to quality problems
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and performs job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures
- Works with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.