2nd Shift Press/Print Operating Technician (R8988)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is looking for a 2nd Shift Press/Print Operating Technician to join the team at our Radcliff, KY, facility!
• Monday - Friday with overtime as required.
• 2:45pm - 11:15pm
• Carry out accurately and precisely detailed instructions from job orders. Identify possible errors or problems and take prompt action to correct.
• Set up/adjust press for job runs to meet specifications.
• Monitor product for quality during job runs. Check preciseness of detail against specifications. Take action to correct any problems.
• Monitor equipment during job runs. Remain alert to mechanical problems and refer as necessary to maintenance.
• Initiate the start up and running of jobs in keeping with production schedule.
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and upkeep.
• Meet standards for output, waste, and spoilage.
• Adhere to all safety guidelines. Keep workspace clean and organized for efficiency in shift changeovers.
• Complete with accuracy related logs and paperwork.
• General Examples: Manufacturing Tech II, Photocopy digital high speed multi-color with finishing, Printer 4+ multi-color with finishing
You Must Have:
• Mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
• Basic math skills to read ruler and calculate label dimensions for stock optimization
• Ability to operate equipment to obtain proficiency as measured through production and quality standards
• Ability to understand verbal and written instructions for work orders
• Ability to communicate professionally
• Strong attention to detail
We Would Also Prefer:
• Ability to distinguish colors
• Experience in a production related environment
• High school education or equivalent
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.