Shag Truck Driver, 2nd shift (R5634)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is seeking a 2nd shift, shag truck driver with a CDL. This employee will be pulling and spotting trailers 8-10 hours a day, organizing drop trailers and assisting OTR drivers drop on yard when needed. A yard check with product protection rounds will be part of the daily responsibilities.
- Serve the plant without keeping the plant waiting for trailer spotting.
- Make sure that all trailers dropped off are safe and clean when the carriers bring them.
- Ensure that all PP rounds are completed in a timely manner and report any abnormalities immediately to your supervisor.
- Yard safety is a must.
- Ensure dock lights are not pulled without a green light outside.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must have a CDL.
- Applicants must be able to be motivated and have an understanding of pulling and spotting trailers for the entire plant safely.
- Applicants must have a general knowledge of Carrier and ThermoKing units.
- Applicants must also have a general knowledge of air brakes.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in hot and cold weather conditions.
- Ability to read and write, as required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug test.
- Good verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrate ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
The Prime Pork, LLC plant is located in Windom, MN. Prime Pork is a specialty pork plant focusing on taste and quality with a premium product. Doing things differently, Prime Pork is bringing to market a state-of-the-art pork processing facility focusing on genetics, animal health care and quality feed as a response to the public’s changing preferences in farm-to-table, local food. Prime Pork is part of the broader Taylor family of companies. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Maribel.firstname.lastname@example.org