Customer Service Representative (R7407)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join their team in the Duluth, GA area. In this role, you will be the single point of contact for our sales consultants and our customers, and will handle all estimating, order entry, outside vendor services, and customer service functions.
- Act as a dedicated (but not exclusive) CSR for assigned accounts or sales reps. Act as a back-up to customers in the Sales Rep’s absence and partner with sales reps to meet and exceed customer's service expectations. Coordinate and assist in resolving all customer issues.
- Assist Sales Representatives in understanding the details of our products, pricing, and processes.
- Gather all relevant data required to create an estimate, then utilize knowledge of our estimating program and equipment capabilities to generate accurate estimates/quotes and recommend cost saving alternatives.
- Understand the “cost” pricing structure and all components associated with a label’s cost such as material cost, spoilage and make ready, ink coverage, etc. Accurately compute price, discount, sales representative's commission, and shipping charges as required.
- Learn to identify all of the basic components of a label including material types, material properties, printing methods, ink types, durability coatings, etc., and learn the requirements of various label environments present in our most common industries to be able to recommend solutions to the most common situations faced by our customers.
- Edit and enter orders into our computer system using comprehensive data analysis, accurate math and efficient typing skills.
- Provide timely and accurate information to customers and sales representatives on all projects, quotes, and order-related issues whether produced at the plant or by an outside vendor.
- Anticipate internal and external customers’ needs whenever possible and respond quickly, accurately and professionally.
- Assist in editing, entry and plant payables overflow during peak periods and/or as backup. Resolve any discrepancies.
- Learn the capabilities of our outside vendor partners. Acquire quotes from them for items that can’t be efficiently produced internally. Analyze vendor pricing and negotiate the lowest possible vendor costs.
- Send accurate purchase orders to our outside vendors. Send outside vendor proofs to sales representatives or customers and follow-up on their return. Update the status of proofs in the system.
- Follow-up on all orders at our outside vendors prior to shipment to ensure timely deliveries and update the due date status in the system. Follow-up with outside vendors on orders that are past their ship date and no receipt of invoice.
- Receive outside vendor invoices and review against purchase orders for accuracy. Resolve and document any differences in price billed from the vendor and our purchase order pricing.
- Update and modify ship dates and order data in our system as required for both plant and outside vendor orders.
- Interact with Accounts Payables to resolve any discrepancies on invoices.
- Complete miscellaneous department requirements in a timely fashion such as job jacket filing, A4’s, Flow and Performance updates, etc.
You Must Have:
- Previous customer service experience, preferably with an existing technical printing background. Must be willing and able to learn the fundamentals of the label printing and converting process.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); college degree preferred.
- Effective written communication skills; able to read, interpret and create short correspondence and memos; able to write simple correspondence for a variety of audiences using proper English grammar.
- Effective math skills - have the ability to calculate rates, ratios, percentages, mark-ups, discounts and other mathematical calculations.
- Good communication skills - ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, work with diverse personalities, effectively deal with conflict, handle stressful situations, and meet deadlines.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be dependable, be accountable, and display a sense of urgency.
- Excellent problem solving, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in estimating, order processing, editing, and customer service tasks. Must have strong attention to detail with minimal errors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data (investigate), establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and then also negotiate solutions.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft computer programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Good negotiating skills.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.