Marketing Specialist (R8843)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Occasions Group, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, is seeking an energetic Marketing Specialist to help us grow our social print business by filling an exciting marketing/product development role on our sales team! In this role, you will be responsible for fully understanding our social print stationery business and the needs of our current and future customers, as well as bringing forth marketing collateral, products, programs, and solutions we can sell to our many B2C retail partners.
- Leading with an external perspective, staying up to date on trends, market dynamics, and best practices to ensure we’re in a competitive position
- Finding new opportunities – may be new products, new retailers, new markets, new partnerships
- Interface with strategic account managers and clients to determine programs’ opportunities and solutions to present
- Program analysis and development for our products placed in major US retailers
- Collaboration with other areas within The Occasions Group as well as other Taylor companies on product and program development
- Costing and pricing new solutions
- Competitor intelligence
- Work with creative team to develop sales materials
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 2+ years of marketing or product management experience
- Self-motivation to drive initiatives – sensing what is next and pursuing without waiting for direction
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Capacity to learn and understand the multiple ways we go to market in print and manufacturing industries, including production capabilities and backend system technologies
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively at varying capacities.; strong teamwork mindset
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
We Would Prefer:
- Previous experience in the print or manufacturing industry
- Once we are back in the office, the ability to be onsite with the team in North Mankato 2-3 times per week
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more!
The Occasions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.