Outsource Services Buyer (R7426)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company in Byron, MN, is seeking an Outsource/Services/Buyer position to be responsible for strategic sourcing. The incumbent should possess skills to properly manage internal and external customer projects at the supplier level, as well as manage various aspects of strategic choices in supply options, in order to meet or exceed requirements for quality, delivery, technology, and overall total cost.
- 1st Shift (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Identify, research, qualify, and implement domestic and global suppliers in accordance with sourcing policy
- Negotiate supplier contracts and agreements including: pricing, develop key performance indicators, penalty clauses, payment terms, and potential cost savings programs
- Ensure supplier quality documentation and corrective action responses are received in timely manner
- Proactively work with multi-function internal and external teams to communicate, develop, and produce projects on time and within target budget
- Track and drive continual improvement and results through key supplier performance metrics and lean manufacturing practices annually
- Review monthly performance information with key suppliers and manage supplier evaluations with Quality Assurance department
- Solicit bid pricing from current and potential new suppliers
- Evaluates competitive pricing through quoting and continual supplier evaluation
- Negotiate with supplier as needed to provide the lowest overall cost at highest level of quality and service
- Analyze production requirements generated by inventory status reports and place orders accordingly
- Follow up with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries, receiving issues and accounts payable problems
- Work all Monarch inventory reports and coordinate with supplier to expedite, delay or cancel purchase orders
- Maintain Monarch raw material pricing for house stocks
- Manage all stock returns and credits in a timely manner and provide monthly reports
- Manage FSC requirements and documentation by being the single point of contact working with the production team on all processes and procedures
- Manage customer compliance request and provide the required documentation
- Work with production on outsourcing solutions both at Taylor and non-Taylor facilities
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or related field OR equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of direct experience with a degree, preferably in a printing/manufacturing environment, or ten (10) years of experience without a degree
- Three (3) years of experience with an MRP system
- Three (3) years of project management and supplier management experience
- Strong communication skills; interact constructively and effectively with all team members
- Strong analytic and negotiating skills with the ability to be solutions-orientation
- Knowledge of sourcing processes and tools
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
We Would Prefer:
- Purchasing and/or supply chain certification (i.e. CPM)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.