Insurance Risk Analyst (R4188)
Taylor Corporation in North Mankato is seeking an Insurance Risk Analyst to join their team! The Insurance Risk Analyst will be responsible for developing and directing all insurance programs, self-insured programs, and risk management systems for Taylor Corporation and its subsidiaries. This position will scrutinize insurance claims and factors that can contribute to claims with the objective to find ways to reduce the likelihood of an insurance claim by taking such actions as improving safety protocols or installing new equipment that has better safety features. The Insurance Risk Analyst will determine how the company can reduce its potential risks and therefore reduce the costs of insurance policies.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8a - 5p
- Establish and maintain internal and external business contacts and relationships to effectively perform all responsibilities of this position, including with brokers, insurers and other third party administrators.
- Be a resource for our companies to respond to insurance, coverage, and other risk-related analysis and recommend and implement solutions to promote loss prevention and meet the needs of Taylor Corporation.
- Support the development and ongoing production of risk management reporting and presentations in order to identify trends and exposure, evaluate risk, recommend solutions, implement approved programs, update and monitor compliance with insurance procedures and manage safety/risk management manuals.
- Assess the risks associated with the company's operations and ensuring the company has purchased enough insurance to prevent financial losses in the event a claim does have to be filed.
- Enhance communications with management and business units on risk management policies and claims reporting.
- Gather information and loss analyses for insurance renewals, allocations, and to assist with budgets.
- Direct the purchase of insurance programs.
- Manage claims and loss control activities.
- Coordinate claim reviews and complex claim analysis.
- Process invoices for payments and allocate monthly billings.
- Update Risk Management intranet site.
- Ensure government filings are completed and ensure our companies maintain compliance with all requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, business, or a related discipline, such as finance.
- Previous risk management or commercial insurance experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail - responsible for gathering and reviewing large amounts of data and procedures when assessing risk.
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential - need to be able to use that data to form conclusions and identify strategies to address potential risks.
- Strong financial acumen - understand and master the different financial indicators which are tied to the firm’s assets, business lines, platforms, regions, markets, regulations and stakeholders.
- Strong mathematics/quantitative credentials - calculate the level of risks from different variables and produce a cost-benefit analysis when proposing operational improvements to reduce risk.
- Forward-looking and strategic minded - ability to understand potential risks for the firm, both at departmental level as well as in a wider firm perspective.
- Effective communication skills - convey their findings as well as ability to teach others; must listen to and inspire people; negotiate and influence people towards a given goal; be able to convey complex financial products and risk management concepts, practices, and processes to senior less technical audiences.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills with focus on Microsoft Suite skills, especially Excel.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.