Customer Service Representative (R6035)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Curtis 1000 is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Curtis 1000.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for being the single point of contact for sales representatives, account managers and customers for a variety of customer related issues. This includes providing information in response to requests, effectively resolving inquiries in a timely manner and working with sales, the Operation Center teams, and vendors to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Act as a dedicated (but not exclusive) CSR for designated accounts, Sales Representative or Account Manager.
- Anticipate internal and external customers’ needs whenever possible and respond quickly and accurately.
- Assist Sales in understanding details of products, pricing and processes.
- Accurately translate and communicate customer project requirements to multiple production facilities for the purpose of providing pricing to the customer and to facilitate timely production of the end product.
- Track project status with multiple production facilities.
- Document and maintain SOP’s as needed for accounts including processes between customer and operation center.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Receive complaints from sales and/or customers and document details in operating system.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or credit; following up to ensure resolution.
- Monitor inventory levels and issue purchase orders as necessary to ensure product availability for customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with the personal and stylistic differences of internal and external customers.
- Represent the company and its products in a courteous and professional manner.
- Partner with sales to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Provide back-up territory coverage (via phone) in the Sales Representatives’ absence.
- Calculate price and shipping charges as required.
You Must Have:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Previous customer service or customer support experience.
- Technical knowledge of commercial printing and finishing helpful.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of customer service such as estimating, order processing, order editing, outside vendor (mill) relations.
- Effective written communication skills and the ability to create short correspondence and memos for a variety of audiences.
- Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization in person or via phone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Associate’s Degree
About Our Company
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.