Graphic Design Specialist - CAD Packaging (R3787)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch company of Taylor Corporation, is looking for a new Packaging Design Specialist for our Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) equipment. In this position, you will use the technical system to draft the design needs according to specified criteria. You would learn how to create display packaging, various container packaging, vinyl record casings, and much more!
- Create carton package designs that are both visually appealing and functional.
- Complete understanding of folding carton packaging design requirements and capabilities.
- Completes assignments using using ArtiosCAD structural design software packages or equivalent and graphic suites to create, design and modify packaging design templates and die lines.
- Completes assignments using ArtiosCAD structural design software packages or equivalent and graphic suites along with a CAD cutting table to create packaging mockups that meet client specifications.
- Develop relationships with customers’/sales employees and establish a reputation for solving problems, defining requirements, and follow-through on commitments.
- Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
You Must Have:
- Typically requires an associate's degree in a related area with proven design ability. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field with 3 - 5 years of previous packaging design experience.
- Knowledge of all software skills, Esko ArtiosCad and other similar software packages preferred.
- Knowledge of folding carton packaging materials and manufacturing, as well as printing capabilities and limitations preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
We Would Also Prefer:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is to constantly use color vision, hearing and using manual dexterity – hand / finger coordination..
- This position requires the incumbent to stoop, kneel or crouch or lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. In addition, occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.Ref: Orange