Customer Service Center Rep I (R3098)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Customer Service Representative to ensure customers receive the best service possible through positive interactions via communication channels such as voice and email. The position is responsible for maintaining regular contact with customers to process orders, answer questions, guide customers through product choices and options, provide information on pricing, status of order, address any quality or service concerns, handle complaints or technical questions, and ensure orders are completed and shipped on time.
Your Shift: Monday-Friday, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm CST
- Duties include answering telephone call inquiries and promoting an organization's products and services.
- Use a computer system to answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, enter orders and check order status.
- Responsible for researching and resolving complaints to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Support & consult with the customer to provide recommendations and solutions
- Assist customers with website navigation.
- Participate in outbound call campaigns as needed
- Backs up other support staff as needed
- Work overtime and different shifts when needed
- General office duties such as filing, collating, proofing and data enter or other administrative duties assigned by the department supervisor
You Must Have:
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Previous call center experience
- Knowledge of how to increase sales via suggestive selling techniques
- Ability to multi-task through multiple computer screens, use resources efficiently, make decisions independently, and create an amazing customer experience while handling confrontational or intense situations positively
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Maintain a high level of patience while assisting customers on the phone
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.