Customer Service Center Rep II (R4498)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Customer Service Representative to work in Coldwater, Ohio. The position is responsible for Answers customer and/or distributor phones calls relating to placing orders and/or questioning specific pieces of orders already in the facility
- Answers an average of 60-70 phone calls per day relating to customer orders, order questions, shipping status of orders, etc.
- Quotes prices to customers on semi-custom forms orders and assists customers in setting up new systems and/or orders.
- Follows up with expediter and/or manufacturing supervisors on order shipping status to keep customers informed of product deliveries.
- Issues credits to customers when necessary as well as enters package goods orders and completes other necessary work related paperwork when needed.
- Make “up-selling” calls to customers when time permits in an attempt to bring more business to the facility.
- Calls customers to verify order specific information when Order Entry employees are unsure of customer requirements.
- Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. in performing daily responsibilities.
- Monday – Friday 12:00PM – 8:00PM
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior customer service related experience and basic computer operation skills, accurate typing ablity (30 WPM or more) are needed.
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents.
- Must have exceptional ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees and/or customers in person and via the telephone.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as respond in stressful and/or difficult situations with unsatisfied customers
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.