1st Shift - Machine Operator Assistant (R5152)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch of Taylor Corp, is looking for a new team member to join our growing organization! We offer you a safe working environment, plenty of growth opportunities, and welcoming team members into our family!
- Read instructions and follow processes from job ticket and set up press based on instructions.
- Does job make-ready and runs samples for approval by pressroom supervisor or lead.
- Operate or direct operation of press to print according to job ticket.
- Is responsible to meet standards for spoilage, waste and production levels on the press.
- Is expected to identify and inform foreman of any quality problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on press.
- Operate or assist on other presses or finishing equipment when workload dictates.
- Keep immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Monday to Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
You Must Have:
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills and detail oriented.
- Committed to completing tasks accurately and in a timely manner while ensuring that quality and production standards are met.
- Strong communication skills and team player.
- Some math skills required; ability to work with a ruler and numbers.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- Printing Experience a plus
- Mechanical ability
- Attention to detail
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
Curtis is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.