Business Development Associate (R7412)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Navitor, Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Business Development Associate to join their team in North Mankato, MN! The Business Development Associate will work closely with the Director of Business Development, Subject Matter Experts, and other company leaders. This position is focused on assisting in strategic selling of new business across our independent and sister company solution sets. This role will help the business achieve profitable growth and customer loyalty through effective marketing strategies, sales support and market knowledge.
- Make outbound calls to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Research/identify/reach decision-makers at target companies.
- Educate prospects of the print/web solutions Navitor has to offer.
- Employ best practices for Business to Business pipeline management and sales (We sell to other businesses that sell to the end consumer).
- Close sales and achieve monthly and annual revenue goals.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the effectiveness of leads/campaigns and customer receptiveness and response.
- Retaining and growing current client portfolio.
- Support the development and execution of Business Development strategies in collaboration with business solution leaders to develop and execute marketing/sales initiatives that build brand awareness, drive revenue and product engagement in the Stationery product lines.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Stationery Product and Service set with an understanding of all solutions within the Navitor family of products.
- Consult & Provide market knowledge in the development of overall marketing strategies.
- Identify marketing tools and timing necessary to effectively execute marketing plans.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels.
- Establish strong partnerships with business leaders and internal departments to deliver new sales.
- Assist in the development, provide content, and ensure accuracy of printed collateral and promotional materials.
- Generate new business and drive major expansion business with current clients.
- Continually gather and analyze market data and industry trends.
- Consistently develop comprehensive competitor knowledge.
- Stay current on best practices and industry standards.
- Deliver compelling and memorable value-based messaging to key decision makers and influencers.
- Lead in managing the deployment of an electronic ordering platform to support this space.
You Must Have:
- A degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 2+ years of related experience in sales and marketing; outbound calling preferred
- Self-motivation and strong attention to detail and an entrepreneurial work ethic
- A courteous and professional demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (including proper grammar)
- The ability to effectively influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with social media platforms and awareness of current trends
- Proficiency with Windows-based Microsoft Office and other applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM experience (salesforce a plus)
- The ability to establish priorities and maintain multiple priorities and tasks at one time
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment to achieve sales goals
- Must be willing and able to work out of the N. Mankato facility.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
Navitor Inc. is one of America’s largest commercial wholesale printers, delivering innovative programs, services and technologies exclusively to our community of resellers. Headquartered in Minnesota and with manufacturing facilities nationwide, Navitor provides print resellers and distributors the industry’s widest portfolio of personalized print and custom business identity products. Navitor is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. For more information, visit our website at Navitor.com
Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.