Sanitation Manager (R6028)
The Sanitation Manager must possess educational background and technical aptitude as it relates to food plant sanitation programs, chemical handling and Food Safety programs. A general knowledge of Food and environmental microbiological testing as well as preventative measures including sanitary design and automated sanitation and efficiency is required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Ensure the safety of CFPP team members and contractors working during the shift work safely and adhere to all CFPP’s safety policies.
- Ensure that all CFPP team members and contractors adhere to all CFPP’s food safety and GMP policies.
- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance follows the eight steps of sanitation as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance. This includes responsibilities of cleaning by the sanitation contractor and the CFPP team
- Manages the sanitation contractor performance through visual verification, chemical titration and effectiveness of cleaning through microbiological or ATP testing to verify the contractor is compliant with the master sanitation schedule
- Manage sanitation CFPP Sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily to the standards set by CFPP
- Maintain good communication with all CFPP team leadership, team members and contractors.
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with QA Technicians
- Lead team member when the USDA performs pre-op verification
- Clearly communicate expectation to sanitation employees
- Submit a daily sanitation review report to the CFPP and sanitation contractor teams. Utilize trend analysis to track performance.
- Lead the daily pre-op meeting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four year college degree in agriculture or science related field, or five years’ experience in food processing, microbiology, or sanitation.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment in adverse conditions, such as warm, cold and wet environments (during cleaning).
- Must be able to work day, afternoon shifts or third shift as required by the job.
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Environmental sanitation program is preferred.
- Experience with third party regulatory agencies such as the USDA/FDA, third party GFSI and internal auditing.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.