IT RPG Developer Consultant (Remote Contract Role) (R7768)
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking to hire a RPG Developer (this is a contract based role) to assist in modifying and creating legacy software. You will work in a team environment to provide RPG code for back office applications. Individual will adhere to strict coding standards and will regularly meet with project manager for code reviews.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience as an IBM iSeries developer
- Degree in Software Development or Software Engineering preferred; but not required.
- Expert level experience in RPGIII, RPGIV, RPGILE and RPG free.
- Experience with proper debugging techniques of interactive and batch jobs.
- Experience with DDS, CL, and Spooled files.
- Experience with embedded SQL in RPG programs. In-depth knowledge of SQL.
- Must be able to write complex SQL code.
- Writing and maintaining custom application programs and “green screens” on IBM i computer system in RPG IV/Free, CL, and DDS.
- A well-rounded developer with a good overall understanding of IT, accounting principles, business applications, relational databases, green-screen development, and web development
- Collaborates with business analysts, senior developers and department manager to gather and prioritize project and application requirements.
- Conceptualizes and designs information solutions that make business processes more effective.
- Writes software applications for the company ERP/back office systems.
- Designs testing and verifications processes and standards for quality control of software systems solutions, conducting tests to assure that company, user, and regulatory specifications are met.
- Maintains consistency of design for similar solutions and from one generation of design to the next.
- Develop estimates within given time and cost constraints to develop new or redesigned applications.
- Documents solutions for users and future support, maintenance and improvements.
- Provides user support for company software systems including trouble shooting and training.
- Monitors for new technology solutions and stays informed on developments and current trends in industry through publications and makes suggestions or recommendations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work with a variety of different levels of the organization. Ability to express technical terms to non-technical audience.
- TFS – Team Foundation Server experience for agile development a plus, but not required.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.