Finance Business Analyst (R3652)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Finance Business Analyst to join our team who is eager to make an immediate impact by assisting the Finance organization move to one GL package. This person will help facilitate discussions with our internal cross-functional teams & external implementation teams.
In this role you will be developing detailed process documentation that includes current accounting processes and systems along with all of the future accounting processes and systems – as the company moves to a more structured, consolidated GL solution. It’s critical (and exciting) to our future! You would also help us elicit future requirements, communicate work-flows, log issues, build training documentations, write SOP’s & also help communicate project status to Steering Committee.
- Help document unique accounting requirements by area in order to support with new GL package.
- Communicate issues/roadblocks immediately to management.
- Facilitate working sessions to define, solution and scope projects. This will include the various business units – across finance, operations & IT – including steering committee. Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Taylor organization.
- Help organize project management timelines
- Assist with meeting minutes & meeting organization
- Develop and present training materials
- Develop and present SOP’s
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards best practices & continuous process improvement.
- Establish relationships with key companies to act as the voice of the customer to the requirements process
- Assist with monthly close process as needed – booking journal entries & performing reconciliations.
- Work with internal team to develop & write test scripts for User Acceptance Testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1+ years of ERP experience (i.e. Oracle/Lawson/SAP, etc.)
- Integration/Implementation/Upgrade experience a plus
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Ability to create requirements specifications in user-friendly language – including documenting system requirements & accounting requirements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interfacing with customers, software engineers, internal peers, management, and leadership.
- Ability to develop training materials & SOP’s
- Ability to work longer hours during month-end close
- Work well with teams or in team environments
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Work somewhat independently and prioritize multiple competing assignments appropriately to meet deadlines while adjusting to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of moderate ambiguity
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power-Point, Outlook, Visio, Project
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., is one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies (with 13,000 employees) are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies in addition to millions of small businesses and consumers.