Shipping and Receiving Clerk - 1st Shift (R8401)
Start a career with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Clerk for planning and scheduling the timely availability of materials needed to ship and assigning orders per customer expectations, within the Jeffersonville, IN facility.
The position is responsible for talent acquisition, training, scheduling and ensuring a safe work environment.
- Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Inspect packaged items for conformance specifications and verifies paperwork for correct shipment quantity, location, and method.
- Compare identifying information with bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Verify that materials received are as ordered.
- Unload, unpack and examine incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and ma correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Input receiving information into warehouse management system.
- Will report directly to Receiving Supervisor.
You Must Have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience within a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Documented work history of increasing responsibility
- Strong math aptitude related to units of measure and order quantities.
- Ability to lift and handle parcels up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of operations of material handling equipment such as sit-down fork lifts, electric pallet jacks, reach trucks, and order pickers
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and utilizing bar code scanners.
- Ability to work independently, problem solving as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.