Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking an Accountant to join our Dayton, OH team. This position will support multiple manufacturing locations within the organization. This person will work closely with manufacturing accounting team members, location personnel and other corporate departments. This position requires a detail oriented person with initiative, good judgment, persistence and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Monthly closing activities, including journal entry preparation and review
- Reconciling and reviewing general ledger accounts to verify transactions have been recorded properly
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial reporting package for supported locations
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Proactively improve processes, accuracy and efficiency
- Comply with internal controls to protect the assets of the company
- Provide support to Manufacturing Accounting, location personnel and other corporate departments
- Provide and participate in cross-training as appropriate
- Participate in Peer Reviews for general ledger entries and account reconciliations
- Provide analysis and support for auditors as needed
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years account experience and financial analysis
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, BaaN/Infor, PeopleSoft, etc.) and a proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work independently and on a team, meet deadlines, identify problems and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills, interest in identifying and resolving problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills - ability to establish credibility, make decisions, and forge relationships
We Would Also Prefer:
- Manufacturing account experience and financial analysis
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.